This article provides details on how to install Microsoft Office on a Mac.
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com
- Input your Vicbar email address and click Next
- Enter your Vicbar email password and click Sign in
- This will take you to the Office 365 portal. Click Install Office, a drop down menu will open then click on Office 365 apps.
- A window will open titled 'Just a few more steps...'
- Download the file, once the download is complete open Finder, go to Downloads, and open the Microsoft Office installer.pkg
- The installer window will open, click Continue.
- Select Agree to the to the license agreement.
- Click Continue to install for all users.
- Click Install, input your Mac Username and Password then click Install Software.
- Office will now install. Click Close to complete the install process.
- Open an Office application such as Word.
- The 'What's New' window will open. Click Get Started and then Sign In.
- Input your Vicbar email address and password. Click Sign in.
- Microsoft Office will activate, you can now start using the Office apps.
Note on System Requirements: To provide you with the best experience, Office for Mac is changing to support Apple’s three most recent versions of macOS. With the release of macOS 10.14 Mojave, Office 365 for Mac and Office 2019 for Mac will support macOS 10.14, 10.13, and 10.12. Moving forward, as new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will drop support for the oldest version and support the newest and previous two versions of macOS. For example, when the next major version of macOS is released, Office for Mac will support the newest version as well as 10.14 and 10.13 while macOS 10.12 would no longer be supported.