These instructions are for adding a Vicbar email account to the Outlook app on Android. You can download the app for free from the Google Play Store. Requires Android version 4.4 and up.
- Open Outlook for Android
- If you are using the app for the first time tap Get Started and continue to Step 3.
- If not tap the Menu icon in the top left of the app. The side menu will open.
- Tap Settings > Add Account > Add an Email Account
- Enter your Vicbar email address then tap Continue.
- Enter your Vicbar email password and a description, then tap on the Tick icon.
(Note: If the Outlook app didn't automatically detect your account type as Exchange, you will need to enter in the settings manually. Details are at the end of this article).
- Outlook may request permission to access calendar, contacts etc. Tap Yes or Allow.
- You can now start using Outlook.
Exchange - Manual Settings
Use these settings if Outlook doesn't auto detect your account as Exchange
- Select Exchange under Choose account type
Enter the following information:
- Email address: Your Vicbar email address
- Server: webmail.vicbar.com.au
- Domain\Username: BCL\your-username
- Password: Your Vicbar email password.
- Description: Account Description, anything of your choosing.
(Note: Username is the first part of your Vicbar address, eg. the username for firstname.lastname@example.org would be john).