Occasionally the mail filter will quarantine an email you may wish to receive, to release an email:
- Open your web browser and navigate to https://portal.vicbar.com.au/
- Your username is the first part of your Vicbar address. For example, if your email address is
email@example.com, then your username is jsmith
- Your password is your Vicbar email password.
- You will now be logged in and presented with the welcome screen, click on 'Mail Quarantine' in the top menu bar.
- Emails that have been quarantined will appear in the list.
- Click on 'select action' to view available options. Select release to return the email to your inbox, the other options are explained below.
- 'View' will allow you to preview the email
- 'Download' will allow you to download a copy of the email to your computer.
- 'Delete' will allow you to delete the email from your quarantined items
- 'Whitelist sender' select this option if the sender is legitimate and you do not wish future emails from the sender to be quarantined.
- 'Release' will send the email to your inbox.
- 'Release and report as false positive' will send the email to your inbox and report the quarantined email as a false positive.
Note: Users will be unable to release emails that are deemed unsafe (virus/malware etc) if you believe this is in error contact the Service Desk on 9225 8888 to have the email released.