Follow these steps if you are connecting to your own personal WiFi router.
- Determine how your WiFi router is connected by following the attached network cables. Looking at the back of the wireless router one port will be labelled 'Internet' or 'WAN'. Follow this cable.
- If the network cable connects straight to a network port in the wall skip to step 3, if it connects to a BCL Alcatel phone or another device continue to step 2.
- If the router connects to a BCL Alcatel phone you will need to restart the phone. Look at the back of the phone, there are two network ports. Disconnect the cable going to the port labelled 'LAN' the phone will power off. Wait 10 seconds and plug it back in the phone will take approximately 30 seconds to restart. While this is happening continue to step 3.
- If the router connects to another device such as a switch, restart it. There is usually a power switch however if you cannot find it turning the power off and on will cause it to restart. Continue to step 3.
- Restart the wireless router by turning the power off and on. If you cannot find the power button disconnecting the power will also cause it to restart.
- A wireless router much like a computer can take a while to start up, give it a few minutes before you check the internet connection.
- The network connection should be restored, if you are still not able to access the internet try connecting another device. If it can connect the wireless router is working and you will need to troubleshoot the device that cant connect.